This website is owned and operated by SureConsult Inc. (“SureConsult”). SureConsult is a Canadian entity, headquartered in Montreal and located at 3551 St. Charles Blvd, Suite 129, Kirkland, Quebec, H9H 3C4, Canada.
This policy aims to explain in a simple and clear manner how SureConsult processes the personal information that the User provides by using, accessing, registering or any other action that the User can perform on this website, in accordance with any applicable privacy laws including the European Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and Canadian privacy laws (“PIPEDA”).
SureConsult is committed to respect and protect the privacy of the User to the greatest extent possible. SureConsult employs the User’s personal information to provide the User with the best services.
- All SureConsult owned websites and domains, and wholly owned subsidiaries ("SureConsult websites"); and
- SureConsult Training Platform (training.sureconsult.ca).
2. Categories of Personal Information
Personal information is any information that enables the User direct or indirect identification: name, surname, email address (personal or business), phone number, IP address, contact details, billing and transaction information, credit card information, etc. SureConsult only requests personal information which is considered strictly necessary for the purposes set out below.
Credit card information is used only for payment processing for direct online sales requiring a credit card.
SureConsult does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and SureConsult does not target its websites to children under 13.
The User can gain access to the main features of our website without any identification required. That means our website is structured so that the User can visit SureConsult on the web without the need to disclose any personal information.
SureConsult requests personal information for the purposes listed below:
- To establish a user profile to allow the User to take training on the SureConsult Training Platform.
- To allow the User to enroll in training programs.
- To provide the User with exams and certificates upon successful completion of training on the SureConsult Training Platform.
- To provide the User with communications related to training courses that the User has completed on the SureConsult Training Platform.
- To provide the User with password reset details, if required.
- To enable the User to subscribe to marketing or support materials and communications.
- To enable the User to register to receive SureConsult products.
- To enable direct communications with the User.
- To complete a transaction or order of products or services.
- To enable the User to participate to one of SureConsult’s surveys.
Each time SureConsult collects the User’s personal information, the User will be informed of the purpose, the categories of information mandatory or optional to achieve that specific purpose and who the information might be transferred to in order to achieve that specific purpose.
4. Sharing of Personal Information within SureConsult
In order to offer the User a more consistent and personalized experience in the User’s interactions with SureConsult, information collected through one SureConsult service may be combined with information obtained through other SureConsult services in accordance with the User’s specifications.
5. Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties
SureConsult does not sell, lease or rent the User’s personal information to any third party, unless SureConsult expressly requests the User’s prior consent to do so.
SureConsult shares customer information with individuals and companies working on SureConsult’s behalf. SureConsult will take the appropriate measures to ensure those subcontractors will ensure a high level of protection of the User’s personal information.
SureConsult will not share personal information with any other third parties without the User’s permission, unless to:
- Respond to duly authorized information requests of governmental authorities;
- Comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order;
- Help prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights and properties of SureConsult or its subsidiaries; and/or
- Protect the personal safety of SureConsult employees and third parties on SureConsult property.
Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, SureConsult decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers or receiving it from sellers. This will be done in accordance with any applicable privacy requirements and subject to the User’s information and consent where appropriate.
6. Links to Non-SureConsult Websites
7. E-CommunicationsThe User has full control over the e-communications that the User receives from SureConsult. The User can set up preferences in privacy preferences or by emailing info@SureConsult.ca. The User can always opt-out, for free and at any time, from any communication. Please write SureConsult at info@SureConsult.ca in case of difficulty.
8. Access to and Accuracy of User Information
SureConsult strives to keep User personal information accurate.
SureConsult has implemented technology, management processes and policies to maintain the User’s data’s accuracy. Upon User request, with certain limited exceptions as provided in the applicable laws, SureConsult will provide the User with access to User information, online access and freedom to change, delete, and modify User personal information.
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, SureConsult has in place appropriate physical and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect.
To protect User privacy and security, SureConsult will also take reasonable steps to verify User identity, such as a password and User ID, before granting the User access to User data. Certain areas of SureConsult’s websites may limit access to specific individuals through the use of passwords and other personal identifiers.
SureConsult uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. SSL encryption is designed to make the information unreadable by anyone but us.
10. Contacting SureConsult
SureConsult takes User questions seriously and each request will be promptly investigated.